Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Ralph & His Clowder Ralph & His Clowder is offline

Default Clear as Crystal?

I guess my original post should have noted I already have water hyacinth
that is growing like crazy, including in the top of the Skippy filter
and in the settling pond at the foot of the waterfall filter (both of
which double as veggie filters), and in the waterfall filter, and in the
pond itself. I also have parrots feather that is threatening to take
over the world and water lettuce that is just starting to spread. I have
aeration in the form of two small waterfalls and two solar aerators. I
add bacteria and occasionally koi clay but that's about it, except for
dechlorinator when I add water.

I am a believer in keeping my 3-year-old pond as natural as possible in
an artificial setting, which is why I was attracted to the "all natural"
label on the Clear as Crystal and want to know if it could help me
through the murky summer months. I've had limited success using koi clay
and thought this might be something similar but more effective.

Gabrielle in southern Arizona

k wrote:

This is Solo's write up on veggie filters if you are interested in exploring that option.

8 snip