Old 11-06-2007, 04:59 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default The art of digging a hole

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:21:31 CST, "Bill Stock" wrote:

I need to bury two large barrels (36x24) below the ground, but I can't do
too much collateral damage while digging the hole. I was thinking about
using a post hole digger to try and keep the sides as straight as possible.
The soil is hard clay below 1', so I don't expect too much slippage, but
there will be some.

Any brighter ideas?

If SD Joe's idea doesn't work for you, my guys have this special ditching
shovel, http://www.ames.com/Resources/Shovels_1.pdf 3rd picture as you
scroll down shovel H or I. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us