Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Des Higgins Des Higgins is offline

Default Hardening off needed now?

"R.A.Omond" wrote in message
Des Higgins wrote:

I know you need to harden things off in Spring and know what happens if
you do not but do you need to do it now?
I have Cannas and Pumpkins in the greenhouse that need to go out at some
stage over the next 3 weeks.
Do I need to harden them off first? Right now they are sitting in pots
on greenhouse staging.

Oi Dazza, just stare menacingly at the cannas, and maybe give one or two
of the pumpkins a swift Glasgow kiss. That should harden them up a bit.
They'll probably start effin' and blindin' which should be proof that
they're sufficiently hardened.

And get yer hair cut, and shave that stubble.

We'll have to stop meeting like this.
I'll mail you in a mo.
My Pumpkins are just wee softies alright with posh accents an all.

Des

P.s. best to all yous yins ;-)