Old 12-06-2007, 02:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Tomato blooms - so many so quickly

Craig wrote:

I have a cherry tomato plant and a big boy tomato plant, both are
about 15" tall now,

They both are getting a lot of blooms already, especially the
cherry,

Should I let them continue or should I pull these blooms off now and
let the plant get bigger.

Thanks
Craig

Craig,

That is quite normal (especially with cherry tomatoes). Let the blooms
alone. Depending on the weather and the bees not all of them will set
tomatoes. If you do get too many tomatoes you can always give the
extras to the neighbors (that is what we do).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL