Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Craig Craig is offline

Default Tomato blooms - so many so quickly

On Jun 12, 3:42 am, Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:50:06 -0700, Craig wrote:
I have a cherry tomato plant and a big boy tomato plant, both are
about 15" tall now,

They both are getting a lot of blooms already, especially the
cherry,

Should I let them continue or should I pull these blooms off now and
let the plant get bigger.

Let 'em grow. They know what to do -- they'll keep producing.
Keep the soil moisture level fairly constant -- don't let them go dry,
and don't use a fertilizer high in N.

Kay

.

Thanks for the replies,
I was just wondering since this seemed unusual here in CO.

Seems they usually dont start blooming until July, maybe with June
rains they acted normal, been so long since we had a moderately wet
spring.

Even though we actually had a light frost the other morning, I only
saw frost on the roofs and it was in the mid 30s.
The airport had an actual freeze at 31 F. Latest freeze ever.

Okay I will be happy and let them bloom away,
Like I said though, it just seemed unusual for me here.

Thanks again