Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Sheldon[_1_] Sheldon[_1_] is offline

Default Andromada propagation

On Jun 11, 7:33?pm, Charles Woolever
wrote:
I'm looking for help in propagating a Pieris japonica at my parent's
house. I started several weeks ago with several soft-wood cuttings.
Stripped all but a few leaves, dipped in hormone and placed in some
soil-less mix. All died.

Any suggestions? I really want to get some rooted before they move in
the fall.

With propagating andromeda layering works best... bend a few young
lower branches to the ground, cover with good loam, place a heavy
stone on it to hold, and keep moist. After a month roots will have
formed, cut off the section with the root ball and plant immediately.