Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Botom drain in winter?

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:22:05 CST, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

No, Zone 5A here.

I'll probably build a box for them, just because the thought of digging them
up for maintenace is scary.

Easier to deal with. I will never dig mine up, but cleaning filter
barrels is done with a Shop Vac. Maintenance would be easier if I
could simply flush and drain allowing the water to run downhill, but
my space is limited and burying them seemed the best option for me at
the time.

I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide. Moving South would
be good too.

Regards,

Hal