Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
T r a v i s T r a v i s is offline

Default bamboo in containers--what size?

"Sardonimous" wrote in message
In article evpbi.2220$O15.1912@trnddc03,
"T r a v i s" wrote:

Without knowing where on Earth you are it is pretty difficult to say.

Try here http://www.americanbamboo.org/ and here
http://www.bambooweb.info/.

Keep in mind that even clumping bamboo will eventually out grow any
pot.

Travis, thanks for that. I meant to say that I am in the Seattle area
(too!). I didn't see much about growing bamboo in containers at the
site you referred me to. I did run into one that suggested 18" to 24"
deep containers which they consider shallow. Also, with 2" of
styrofoam
lining but this was for New Jersey so perhaps around here a 1/2" of
cedar is enough? This was at http://www.bamboos.com/grow.html.

Ask here http://www.pnwbamboo.org/news.php or join one of the several
Yahoo bamboo groups.

--