Old 13-06-2007, 06:59 AM posted to rec.ponds
Rodney Pont Rodney Pont is offline

Default How do you design a pond that won't overflow in heavy rain?

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:00:25 GMT, wrote:

I am planning to dig a small pond probably about 8 ft by 6 ft. It will have
a small waterfall and a skimmer. In heavy rain, is there a way to keep the
pond from overflowing?

Not really depending on how heavy the rain is. You could build a roof
over the pond to give it cover or you could only fill it enough to run
the pump. In practice you will be better to allow it to overflow but to
where you want it to.

Our pond is raised and we have a 1 1/4 inch waste pipe going through
the side and that provides the overflow. You could just make one side a
little lower than the others so that the overflow goes that way.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont