Old 13-06-2007, 01:59 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default How do you design a pond that won't overflow in heavy rain?

Yea, install a stand pipe in it that will govern the ponds maximum
depth.....just like the overflow device in a bathtub or sink......Its
not really a big deal though, just ensure the edgeing of the pond is
open enough to allow water etc to flow through it, and that its
actually higher than the liner, and then your not gonna lose any fish
unless they jump out. Overflow is not really a big deal unless your
afraid of a washout etc.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 01:00:25 GMT, wrote:

I am planning to dig a small pond probably about 8 ft by 6 ft. It will have
a small waterfall and a skimmer. In heavy rain, is there a way to keep the
pond from overflowing?

-------
Old 13-06-2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.ponds

Old 13-06-2007, 07:23 PM posted to rec.ponds

wrote in message
I am planning to dig a small pond probably about 8 ft by 6 ft. It will have
a small waterfall and a skimmer. In heavy rain, is there a way to keep the
pond from overflowing?

Our just overflows over the lawn where it sinks in and is soon gone.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.