Old 13-06-2007, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Gunnera

On Jun 11, 5:55 pm, "Mark" wrote:
I would like to grow gunnera. However I've noticed that the garden centres
don't exactly give them away!

Has anyone experience of growing them from seed and is this a sensible
option? If so where might I obtain seed?

mark

I bought a very small one in a 2 l pot 3 years ago from a garden
centre for about €5. It has since flourished despite being in a less
than optimally moist spot, and though it is still of a small size (for
a gunnera), it is growing massively each year. It now takes up an
area of about 4 sq m, and is over 1.5m tall. If you're patient enough
for seeds, you might be patient enough for a small plant in a small
pot?

Cat(h)