Old 14-06-2007, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Replace with?

In article ews.net,
Puckdropper wrote:

"Dave" wrote in
k.net:

*snip*

Planted watermelon seed in same garden to replace spinach some 3 weeks
ago. Its got 3rd set of leaves now. My son says its too late in
season for that?

Will probably go with spinach and leaf lettuce seed again in
September. Don't expect much of frost here till November.
Dave

If you're not getting much frost until November, you might get good
production from you watermelon. Mine have usually got at least a foot by
how, and are getting ready to race. I think watermelon may be the only
plant you'll be able to SEE grow.

Puckdropper

We don't generally get a frost here until after Thanksgiving.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.