Old 14-06-2007, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default first raspberries picked

Jim Jackson writes
Yesterday I picked my first raspberries, a few All Gold and Autumn
Bliss(*) - the earliest I can remember. There was even one Tayberry ripe
too.

Jim

* - I leave a few (mainly-)unfruited canes when I prune down my autumn
fruiting raspberries in January. They alsways seem to come earlier than my
summer varieties, but not previously this early.

Picked tayberries in June in about 1992 when they were newly planted,
but they since have got the hang of the climate and have never been so
early before.

I'm just picking the first alpine strawberries, french beans and
courgettes
--
Kay