Old 14-06-2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy Rose Billy Rose is offline

Default Replace with?

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy Rose wrote:

If you're not getting much frost until November, you might get good
production from you watermelon. Mine have usually got at least a foot
by
how, and are getting ready to race. I think watermelon may be the only
plant you'll be able to SEE grow.

Puckdropper

We don't generally get a frost here until after Thanksgiving.

Thats what I was thinkin'. The watermelons seeds that I've seen call for
anywhere from 65 to 120 days. 120 days gives you to the beginning of
Nov. plos a few days to spare. Times awastin'. Get to it.

- Bill

Indeed... Not an edible but I'm fixin' to stick some birdhouse gourd
seeds into the ground on the fence line. :-)

Have you grown them before? I have one in the ground (2 wks) and 2
standing by for an opportunity. I see that you have to dry and lacquer
them but it is always nice to have somebody with experience to hold your
hand the first time.

- Billy