Old 14-06-2007, 08:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
bent bent is offline

Default about the 26C highest germinating temp, of new grass seeds

Well without measuring each and every seed with a rule, this is the fourth
attempt, with a second or third bag of seeds, that this is in majority a
failure. Howver there is lots of new grass. Its a total write off in total
sun, and best in mostly shade. I began by just pointing out that early
spring and the temp directions on the bag do not jive in Toronto. All I
learned is that it doesn't matter when; I am doomed to failure. Just the
facts. But its only been 2 weeks. I think I should be persistent for 3
before I taper off watering every three hours to be fair. I will keep it up
at least 2 or 3 times per day till then.