Old 15-06-2007, 12:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Jumping on Dean

Dean's daddy said:

Bob
Eggs
Dave

Been a while since you got laid or what?, not enough coffee?

I get plenty of both, thanks.

I've been lurking here for about a year, give or take,

Whoopie for you! Am I somehow supposed to be impressed about that? I've
been doing this since before there even /was/ The Usenet.

you folks were sorta out of character for this newsgroup to be so harsh to
this Dean person.

Where's it say what kind of character people must post as, 'for this
newsgroup'? Point me to it, and I'll gladly comply. If not, KMA. I give
plenty of sound advice here, and if you don't like the method of delivery,
again, KMA.

We have enough NG's out here with a bunch of hateful posts.
Am I missing something here?

Apparently so. The Usenet isn't some web-based, censored, kiddie forum.
You've several choices...

A. Grow some thicker skin, if my posts somehow bother you.
B. Killfile me. (Wouldn't bother me in the least.)
C. Unsubscribe and join a web-forum. (With it's advertisements, avatars,
pics-galore, and it's happy-faced moderators.)

I personally have had to open a Google account for posting to newsgroups
because my ISP (charter) isn't working right

Bullshit. You haven't *had* to do any such ****ing thing. There are a
venerable plethora of free and paid news services out there. Use one of
them. Google was fine by me when the took over the Deja archive, and they
should have left it as that. Now, any dipshit with internet access can get
a throw-away account, and spam with an interface that produces Usenet posts
that don't comply with the RFC's. Nah, **** G2. In my killfile it will
stay.

BTW, I've had Charter as an ISP for around 11 years. I've never had a
problem with it.

and besides lot's of ISP's have done away with their newsgroups.

Again, then use one of the free or pay news services. Noone /has/ to use
Google.

Not everybody knows how to crosspost AND frankly my ISP only let's me
crosspost to two groups, (guess what I have to do to post to more than two
groups).

Crossposting is /rarely/ necessary, and /usually/ frowned upon. But, asking
a question in one group, getting the answer, ignoring it, and posting the
same question to another group will almost certainly be frowned upon.

Hope this clears things up for you. Now, FOAD, whiner.

--

Eggs

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.