Old 30-03-2003, 03:32 PM
pondreamer

Default stablize pond sides in sandy soil

I have dug out my pond. Our soil is pure sand below the loam - easy
digging but not good for stable, vertical sides. How can I keep the
sides nearly vertical? I have heard of mixing some cement with the
soil to give it more adhesion.

Does anyone have experience with this or other techniques?

TIA

John

Hi John,
I had pretty much the same question recently. Here is a thread from
another forum that gave me the answer.

http://watergardening.infopop.net/3/...=399290654&m=3
322991107

I dug down 4 inches and poured a concrete collar around
the pond. The
concrete was mixed pretty thick so ther was no need for a form around
the edge (it didn't flow over the edge and into the pond.)

http://web2news.com/?rec.ponds