Old 15-06-2007, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default artificial canes

"Beryl Harwood" wrote in message
The message
from K contains these words:

Mary Fisher writes

Aluminium is a more difficult metal. In the same way as slugs don't

like
copper my runner beans don't seem to like Al. I have to force them into
climbing, they try to avoid touching the metal.

I'm not surprised - for many years, saucepans were made of aluminium ;-)

Ah, maybe that's part of my bean problem - what's chicken wire made of??
I bet it is Al. perhaps I should chance it for some more of the plastic
stuff.

beryl

Its zinc coated steel/iron

--