Old 15-06-2007, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Leythos Leythos is offline

Default Can I split a Lilac Bush into multiple plants?

In article ,
says...
Leythos expounded:

The plants, now 4 years old, have flowered since the year they were
planted. I didn't prune them because I ran out of time and the
directions say to prune late in the year.

No, no, no, don't prune late in the year, you'll cut off next year's
flowers. Prune right after blooming, like now.

Thanks - I thought I read in a couple places that I was to prune late in
the year?

So, would now be a good time to split the bush in two parts at the
roots?

--

Leythos
drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"