Old 16-06-2007, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
steve auvache steve auvache is offline

Default When is it too late to sow seeds outside?

In article . com,
writes
I'm located in the North East and am new to vegetable gardening.

Welcome to the Tastier Side.

I've heard it's not good for the soil to dig/cultivate it
when it's wet.

This is not an ideal world and yours is a new plot and there isn't much
you can do about the timing so get digging.

So should I wait, plant the seeds in some pots to get
them going or get my act together and get the plot sorted asap?

No, yes, yes and yes.

It will take a week or four before the seeds sown in pots will need to
be put in the ground so you might as well use this time preparing the
ground as best you can.

If you are able, sow the peas directly into the ground rather than pots
as this is A Good Thing. They have deep roots and aren't that fond of
the shallowness of a pot.

Good luck with it.

--
steve auvache