Old 16-06-2007, 01:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Gene Schurg Gene Schurg is offline

Default A quiz. Name That Orchid

Mine usually grows one new P-bulb a year on one plant and the other has
broken two leads so I get two new p-bulbs. After the p-bulb matures (late
late winter here) I usually see a spike begin. The one that bloomed this
year started over two months ago and is still going. Probably have another
month of blooms coming then I expect it to start growing and the cycle
begins anew.

One of mine (the bloomer) is growing in a vanda basket made of wood. The
larger plant that didn't bloom is overflowing a 6 inch clay pot.

They are great plants and interesting even when they aren't in bloom.

Good growing,
Gene

"Wendy7" wrote in message
By jove, I think he's got it! I do have that name in my data base & J
Pfahl's description of the species sounds
spot on. Thanks Gene. Are they very slow growers then or is it just me?
Cheers Wendy
"Gene Schurg" wrote in message

And it's just a baby! It will get very large and beautiful. Mine has
about 100 flowers on it on two spikes and it's not full grown. I have
another one with about 6 pseudobulbs that decided not to bloom this
season.

Gene

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Hi Kye,
I am hoping for someone to jar my memory! It had a tag but it is
missing & this is the first flowering so I
can't look in my photos either.
The quiz part in the Subject line was just to get you to look! *g*
Cheers Wendy
"Kye" wrote in message
So you mean that you can't tell us if were right???

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

"Wendy7" wrote in message
The leaves & the pseudos are quite different to others. The leaves are
very
firm, the pseudos are quite large about
3inches across & have spots on them?
A very slow grower for me & oh yes, I have mislaid the tag?
Cheers Wendy