Old 16-06-2007, 05:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Jumping on Dean

Clark said:

[big snip]

Not bothered Eggs, just annoyed, I don't need a ****ing contest with an old
Coot in the fricken Lawn and garden group.

Annoyed/Bothered same difference, here. Seems /you're/ the one that needs
the meds.

Not that I care much, but you don't know anything about me, but let me give
you a heads up.

Sounds good.

I used to run a BBS with the blazing speed of a 300bps modem and then the
huge upgrade of 2400 bps with one dedicated phone line to boot. does this
look familiar? the bell 103 &212A standard?

Yup, looks very familiar. My sister beat me to the BBS, so I just connected
to hers. She's still got all the switchboard wiring hanging in that room.

(I still have a 300 in the storage room) with toggle switches and
everything, Chrome too.. that big old external rig that ran on the old COM 1
just blazing fast with my 386sx Packard Bell (no math co processor) with 12
or 16 meg of ram and DOS 3.3 or 4, (well the upgrades blur a bit) 4 meg
upgrade cost me $200 plus tax, at Radio Shack

Hard to get rid of the old equipment, isn't it? Slowest modem I kept was
the 2400.

Then there was Windows 3.0, 3.1, and/or Windows for workgroups(I thinks
that's what it was called).

What? You skipped MS-DOS and went right to Windows? I still have a copy of
1.1 around here, somewhere. Had every version of Windows (including 1.0) up
until XP. No need for the bells and whistles here.

I still have two 386's that I fire up to play gorilla and nibbles on once in
a blue moon.

Got ya beat. I've still got my Vic 20. =P

remember coding in Basic?

See above

Look at me! I programmed a random number generator and named it dice
!!!!!!!!!!
I won't bore you further with stories of the Commodore 64 or the Apple IIe ,
like when I upgraded to the cassette tape feature.

My cassette drive is sitting on the desk behind me, attached to my
Commodore.

I gotta go mow the lawn.

My son did that. I think I'll fire up a game of Gorf. =P

Now that the chest thumping is out of the way, perhaps we should get back
to the l&g thing.

Have a great day. =)

--

Eggs

APATHY ERROR: Don't bother striking any key.