Old 16-06-2007, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janner Janner is offline

Default Garden fork

Can anybody recommend a garden fork that won't bend or snap the first
time you point it at anything larger than a dandelion?

Over the past few weeks I have gone through 4 different forks,
including one from B&Q that claimed to be 'heavy duty'. The worst was
one that I got from Asda, where all four prongs bent within a matter
of seconds of touching the soil ... I had put NO pressure on the fork
at all! A couple others came from local garden centres, and in each
case the shaft snapped (albeit doing some work this time).

I don't think I am being too tough on them (certainly not the Asda
one!). Surely I can expect a fork to withstand some use?

Thanks for any suggestions.