Old 16-06-2007, 11:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi[_11_] Reel McKoi[_11_] is offline

Default Those missing frogs

The other day as I sat here at my PC which is by a window overlooking my
ponds, I saw a mocking bird harassing something in the hostas. I went
outside to see what the bird's problem was. It was a large black snake.
The bird must have a nest nearby to keep at the snake as it did. It was
diving at the snakes head.

Then while sitting on the porch having our after dinner coffee a few
evenings later.... there in the flowerbox, sunning itself before the sun
went down - was another, smaller black snake.

That's where our missing froggies went. :*(

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.