Old 17-06-2007, 07:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Garrapata Garrapata is offline

Default Shasta Daisy

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:40:08 -0400, Ann wrote:

Hmm, that doesn't look like a shasta daisy that I know, they're white
around here.....

Originally Shasta was a hybrid created by Luther Burbank (Chrysanthemum
maximum x C. leucanthemum) it became very popular but because it didn't
come true from seed gradually changed and became a class of Daisies that
were extensively hybridized and there are now many forms, large and
small, single and double and though I have only seen white, the pictures
posted look like Shastas.
--

09=ix