Old 18-06-2007, 12:11 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Jeff Frelinger Jeff Frelinger is offline

Default Wet area plantings

MT Byers wrote:
I have always liked trilliums, and they come in many varieties. I think
they might do well there since I have seen them growing naturally in
places just as you describe.

James wrote:
Hi all

I have a low area on my property that does not really drain anywhere.
Right now it is lawn and from November to say mid april it was "soupy"
or if it was raining it was under an inch or two of water.

Now that we are in a dry spell I would like to tear it up and plant
some water loving plants that will make it look better and hopefully
transpire enough water to keep it more dry back there.

Any suggestions? There are mature pine trees around it so it only gets
about 50% sun.

Thanks in advance

Annual impatiens do well even directly in water an not much sun- in fact
in water they are more sun tolerant.