Old 18-06-2007, 02:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
timothy timothy is offline

Default Pruning shears?

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:35:37 -0400, Stubby wrote:

Can someone recommend a brand of pruning sheers? I've tried every kind
that Home Depot sells and they all fail in one way or the other. The
rotating mechanism made of plastic binds up and doesn't spring open.
Others lock at the drop of a hat. Some won't stay sharp. The hand
grips fall off of others. TIA.

Good day Stubbie,
I've used Felco #13 for 8 years now with no issues. I've replaced the
blades every year, but I due lots of cutting with them. Way more than the
average gardener. My second favorites are the Corona brand. These are
generaly well built but you cannot change the blades/parts.

In the furture, it would be best for us if you listed off the brands that
you have tried.

Good day,
Timothy