Old 18-06-2007, 05:05 PM posted to triangle.gardens
[email protected] wdukes@fw.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default Poison Ivy

On 2007-06-17, ncstockguy wrote:
Here's a key thing to do in order to slow it down. You'll never wipe
poison ivy out completely but, after you have killed the plants
growing in your immediate area, go scouting for a 'mother vine'. This
will be a large thick vine winding up a tree.
This is the plant that is putting out all the seed berries that birds
then carry all over the area. Knock one of those out, and you've
actually dealt it a setback. All other killing methods are fine,
you'll just have to do it every year.

Unfortunately we back up to a greenway/floodplain we have acres of areas
for "mother vines". I did decimate one behind me though. It was a
combo of english ivy and poison ivy. Roundup with squirt of dishwashing
liquid as a surfactant wiped out 95% on the first application.

On May 11, 7:41 am, Bluebee wrote:
Just discovered that my backyard has plenty of poison Ivy growing. This
in the woods that belong to me. What is the best way to kill them?
Googling it, I found its not easy to kill, but there is hope. Has anyone
tried the salt+detergent+vinegar combination with any good results?

is a garbage address.