Old 18-06-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,sci.agriculture.poultry,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian
Jim Webster[_4_] Jim Webster[_4_] is offline

Default Matthews caught yet again

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:01:10 -0700, "
wrote:

On Jun 18, 10:47 pm, Jim Webster
wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:41:01 -0700, "

wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:47 pm, Jim Webster
wrote:

An RSPCA spokeswoman said she expected the charity would be launching an
investigation into the latest footage released by the Hillside Animal
Sanctuary.

Wendy Valentine, founder of the charity based near Norwich, said: "The video
shows what is totally unacceptable cruelty.

I promise you that Bernard Matthews, I mean Bernard himself, will
never tolerate this cruelty and you can be assured that it will be
investigated, fully, internally and, if proven, he will ensure that
steps will be taken to bring those responsible to justice. Bernard
Matthews is a decent man, he will never tolerate this sort of
behaviour.

I live in Norfolk, very near to the site of the alleged incident, and
I know that the Company, with whom I have absolutely no association,
will never accept cruelty to their stocks.

Sadly history proves otherwise, and by definition he earns a living
from cruel farming.- Hide quoted text -

Jim, if you met the man and talked to him, you would realise that he
is a decent man, write to him personally, tell him how you feel, I bet
you he will respond personally to you and if you raise any concerns,
he will look into them, he is a decent man, he would never condone
cruelty.

Sometimes decent men go bad. Money does strange things to people. I
don't see him doing anything honorable for his animals, or his staff
since his last court case, and the recent bird flu outbreak.

Being veggie I doubt he or I would ever see eye to eye ;-)