Old 19-06-2007, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Nature at its best

"Beryl Harwood" wrote in message
The message
from "Keith Kent" contains these words:

i made a shallow wildlife pond just before christmas gone,it has
gravel/pebbles.I am amazed at how wildlife has sprung from what seems
nowhere!Frogs/toads appeared,lots of pond snails,pond skates?,and tiny
knat
looking things swimming about?And to my surprise whilst adding some
plants
today spotted a newt!
Can you tell i am happy about this.
I find it amazing how a new pond can have such interest in such a short
period of time.
Thanks Keith

Fascinating. congratulations.

I have tried to make a 'pond' but I don't have the space to make a
proper one and it is just a bowl type thing. Right now,despite a small
fountain it still smells stale

Have you planted any pond plants?

Lilies are very good at keeping water clear, but they may not like the
fountain.

Beryl