Old 19-06-2007, 12:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Trichocentrum pulchrum - my dilemma (2 photos)

Two Trichocentrum plants were benched at the meeting. The one with a yellow
marked labellum was labelled Trichocentrum pulchrum. The one with the red
marked labellum was labelled Trichocentrum brandtiae. They looked quite
distinct. On checking the names on the Kew Monocots page, they list
Trichocentrum brandtiae as a synonym of Trichocentrum pulchrum. Jay Pfahl
has them as separate species. What do others think? Are they really the
same species? Who would want to be a taxonomist?

This species is found from Venezuela through to Peru.

--
John Varigos
Melbourne, Australia

Attached Thumbnails
Trichocentrum pulchrum - my dilemma (2 photos)-trichocentrum-brandtiae-syn-trichocentrum-pulchrum-.jpg   Trichocentrum pulchrum - my dilemma (2 photos)-trichocentrum-pulchrum.jpg