Old 19-06-2007, 04:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Amos Nomore Amos Nomore is offline

Default Poisonous plants - Datura inoxia.JPG (1/1)

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Amos Nomore expounded:

Is that not a Brugmansia?

No, it's a Datura. Brug flowers hang down, Datura's point up.

Right, I was referring to the picture Nick posted.

As for the poisonous part, yes, they are. But so ar tomato and potato
leaves. Don't eat them. Don't let your kids eat them. Don't let
your pets eat them. I really get a kick out of some people raving and
wailing how poisonous they are - so are many other plants. Just be
careful and be educated.

They aren't at all pleasant to eat, so unintentional poisonings are
rare. People ingest Solanaceous alkaloids to alter consciousness
without knowing what they are getting into, and sometimes get into
serious trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u12SZAyMp54