Old 20-06-2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Cuts in foliage of tomato plant

svu geek said:

One of my tomato plants (in a container) has what looks like cuts in
the middle of the leaves. It's only in a few leaves and only happened
in the past few days, after a lot of rain. Is this normal?

It's normal, IF you had some small hail mixed in with the raindrops.

My leaf lettuce and some of my hostas have slits in the leaves where
hailstones went through. (We had a smattering of pea-sized hail
a while back.)

(attributed to Don Marti)