Old 17-06-2007, 05:47 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cuts in foliage of tomato plant

One of my tomato plants (in a container) has what looks like cuts in
the middle of the leaves. It's only in a few leaves and only happened
in the past few days, after a lot of rain. Is this normal?

The temperatures since it rained have been in the upper 50s to low 60s
at night. It's been in the upper 60s to low 70s during the day. The
soil is still wet. It's supposed to be in the low 90s this coming
week.

They were sprayed with a fungicide two weeks ago. They were sprayed
with an insecticide one week ago. I only see a few small little white
bugs on them, they look like white baby fleas.

Old 20-06-2007, 12:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

svu geek said:

One of my tomato plants (in a container) has what looks like cuts in
the middle of the leaves. It's only in a few leaves and only happened
in the past few days, after a lot of rain. Is this normal?

It's normal, IF you had some small hail mixed in with the raindrops.

My leaf lettuce and some of my hostas have slits in the leaves where
hailstones went through. (We had a smattering of pea-sized hail
a while back.)

(attributed to Don Marti)