Old 21-06-2007, 02:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
unknown[_1_] unknown[_1_] is offline

Default A really wierd year

In article ,
"Diana Kulaga" wrote:

Just another of the vagaries of orchid growing, Bob!

Howdy folks!
I don't know if this classifies as wierd but I have a Howeara Lava
Burst 'Puanani' that flowers a couple times a year. During winter the
flowers are a deep lava red color with very little yellow on the lip.

yep, my Hwra is blooming at the moment; practically no yellow at all.
(not that i mind--i like red. last time it had lots of yellow. of
course last time, it was blooming off an immature pbulb too.

i blame temps; there are pictures around of the spikes of the same phal
with distinctly different flowers on them, because one spike was closer
to the greenhouse wall and cooler (hotter, whatever) while the spikes
were forming.

--j_a