Old 21-06-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default peppers

"Jon Shemitz" wrote in message
Rachael Simpson wrote:

Anybody have any good recommendations for an "organic" fertilizer for
peppers? Not doing to good with just manure this year. Growth is
stunted
like. I've had lots of blossoms, but only 2 peppers. They have only
grown
about 2 inches since planting. I have a variety of peppers, sweet & hot.
Significant amount of water each day, but not too much. No problem with
bugs
& other pests, no spots or browning on leaves. All other plants that
were
planted the same day as the peppers are doing fine, even doubled their
size.
Just having trouble with the peppers lagging behind in growth. Do they
need
some other type of fertilizer, or is something else wrong?

Peppers can be slow to take off, and they do like the heat. If you've
had a cool spring, that may be it.

They can also be pretty greedy - are any of the leaves yellowing?

I've used fish emulsion for years. Not 100% organic, but close enough.
Slow release and high in nitrogen.

--

.NET 2.0 for Delphi Programmers
www.midnightbeach.com/.net

Definitely not cool. We had a long spring and late frost. But the past 3-4
weeks have been 80+. Plants look good in color, just not growing.