Old 21-06-2007, 03:13 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default peppers

"Garbodanno" wrote in message

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in message
Anybody have any good recommendations for an "organic" fertilizer for
peppers?

Our peppers are a bit slow this year due to the drought. They're just
developing flowers now. We have to water them bi-weekly.

Good organic fertilizers are blood meal for nitrogen. Bone meal for
phosphate and wood ashes for potash. Fish emulsion can get expensive,
smells really bad and can draw unwanted pests to the garden like coons and
possums.

Ok, thanks for the tips on the emulsion, leaning more towards the blood &
bones meal now. Already have a possum that's fell in love with my van of
all things. Look out there any time of night, and the little bugger is
sitting up on top of it. Would be ironic if my van was the one to run over
it one day.......

We are in drought also, at least 9 inch deficent. Been keeping them watered
though.

Rae