Old 23-06-2007, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
diane diane is offline

Default peppers

My peppers are planted in a raised bed, covered in black plastic.
When I plant them I put 3 wooden match sticks in each hole. I was told
this by a lady 20 years ago who owned her own nursery and it hasn't
failed me yet. It was 45 degrees here last night so my plastic is
holding the heat of the day and I have little red chilis already about
an inch long so I guessing somethings working for me! I do not fertilize
with anything else all summer and usually get quite a yield from my
peppers. I have 20 plants in, all different assortments, sweet and hot,
red and green. I do not expect any major growth till the nights are
warm here, which might be a few weeks away yet here....northern lower
Michigan!