Old 23-06-2007, 01:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default Colorado Potato Beetle

" writes:
Yeah, I looked today and couldn't find Imidan anywhere. Found Sevin
and it says it will control CPB but I wonder. Didn't buy that but I

Here in Australia, I understand Sevin was placed on the banned list many
years ago. A google search reveals the likely reason/s:

Carbaryl (Sevin (R)) Suspected animal carcinogen. When given to
several species of pregnant animals has also caused defects in their
offspring. May cause kidney damage. Causes acute nervous system effects.

Carbaryl is acutely toxic to honeybees and can destroy colonies of
bees that are foraging in an area where the chemical has been applied.

Honey on your breakfast toast, anyone?