Old 23-06-2007, 11:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Ralph & His Clowder Ralph & His Clowder is offline

Default Price advice needed

As for fish, these are just common goldfish, last year's fry who are now
about 5" long. Maybe $3 each? I'm really at sea here.

I think your plant and fish prices are reasonable.

I'm always surprised how quickly just plain goldfish are taken when listed
on my Tidbits. At the D.Garden Fair we have sold them $2 for plain orange,
$5 for sarassas, orange & white. Your plant prices are also reasonable, I
fully expect you'll get people out, especially if there are no specialty
stores close by. You might want to check the noxious weed list for your
state. Here in WA parrots feather is listed as noxious. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Well, the rule appears to be -- the demand for fish will be in inverse
proportion to the number you are able to catch. I could have easy sold
20 fish but they all vanished at the first swoop of the net. When I do
this next time, I will pull most of the floating plants and drain the
pond down for a big water change, catch the fish, and go from there.

I think the WH is the only thing on the list. I know it's banned from
being imported. sigh

Gabrielle