Old 23-06-2007, 11:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Ralph & His Clowder Ralph & His Clowder is offline

Default Price advice needed

It's time to do some fish culling and also get rid of some of the water
hyacinth that is rapidly taking over the pond, so I thought I'd have a
pond sale instead of a yard sale.

I was thinking of charging $1 a plant for water hyacinth (which is hard
to get since we can't import it into Arizona), sell some of my miniature
water lettuce at 4 for $1, and bundles of rooted parrots feather for 5
pieces for $1. Does this seem reasonable? Too high? Too low?

Gabrielle in southern Arizona
www.clowder.net/cats/Turtles/pondcam.html
http://www.clowder.net/cats/Turtles/pondcam.html

Here at local nursery in Ventura, CA, water hyacinth and water lettuce
sell for 2.99 a clump

Thanks -- I sold it at a dollar a clump and it went like hotcakes.
Gabrielle