Old 23-06-2007, 11:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Ralph & His Clowder Ralph & His Clowder is offline

Default Price advice needed

I was thinking of charging $1 a plant for water hyacinth (which is
hard to get since we can't import it into Arizona), sell some of my
miniature water lettuce at 4 for $1, and bundles of rooted parrots
feather for 5 pieces for $1. Does this seem reasonable? Too high? Too
low?

= It sounds very reasonable. I wish I could find them that cheap here.

I was very popular today!

As for fish, these are just common goldfish, last year's fry who are
now about 5" long. Maybe $3 each? I'm really at sea here. We're at
least 115 miles from the nearest LFS or PetSmart so it's not as if
people could just hop in their cars and bring home fish half an hour
later. I've got at least 25 I'd like to find new homes for but I'm
reluctant to just give them away.

= Charge something for them. Too many people don't appreciate
things they get for free.

The biggest demand was for fish -- most for ponds that have recently
been built. I promised to call when I can catch some, but there are a
few people I'm going to "forget" to call.

Any advice will be appreciated. The sale is tomorrow (Saturday).

Gabrielle in southern Arizona
www.clowder.net/cats/Turtles/pondcam.html