Old 30-03-2003, 10:56 PM
Douglas Miller

Default 2 cycle oil in 4 stroke tank?

In article , "John" wrote:
I have a John Deere Sabre lawn tractor with a 17.5 Kohler, and a 2.2 gallon
gas tank. I inadvertently put about two ounces of two cycle oil in the tank,
mistaking it for Sta-bil. Is it necessary for me to drain the tank (there's
probably 1/2 gallon of gas in it), or will that oil in there be okay?

About the worst it's going to do is foul your spark plug. I'd fill the gas
tank, though, before running it, in order to dilute the oil as much as
possible. After you've run through that tank of gas, change the spark plug.

--
Regards,