Old 30-03-2003, 11:44 PM
Edwin Pawlowski

Default 2 cycle oil in 4 stroke tank?

"John" wrote in message
I have a John Deere Sabre lawn tractor with a 17.5 Kohler, and a 2.2

gallon
gas tank. I inadvertently put about two ounces of two cycle oil in the

tank,
mistaking it for Sta-bil. Is it necessary for me to drain the tank

(there's
probably 1/2 gallon of gas in it), or will that oil in there be okay?
Thanks,

Not a serious problem. You may get a bit of smoke or a little plug fouling.
I'd fill the tank to dilute it as much as possible, then I'd add more when
the tank got down to 3/4 to dilute it even more. Do that a couple of times
and you will be all set. I often run out my snowblower gas in my mower.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome