Old 25-06-2007, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_4_] R[_4_] is offline

Default Bay tree - indestructible!!!

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
Two years ago I trimmed our overgrown bay tree with a bow saw. There was
one nice straight off-cut around four feet long and three inches diameter.
This "post" was left bone-dry in the garage for six months then I
sharpened one end and hammered it into a hole and screwed the name plate
for out house to it. Today - a year and a half after bashing it into the
hole, the post has started putting out shoots of new growth!!! I'm gob
smacked!

Is it likely to have rooted?

*YOU* are ALLAH!
You have resurrected life.

Alternatively..................BURN IT!

I *hate* Bay with a vengeance (Culinarily).

rant over