Old 25-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Rachel Aitch Rachel Aitch is offline
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by David \(Normandy\) View Post
Two years ago I trimmed our overgrown bay tree with a bow saw. This
"post" was left bone-dry in the garage for six months then I sharpened one
end and hammered it into a hole and screwed the name plate for out house to
it. Today - a year and a half after bashing it into the hole, the post has
started putting out shoots of new growth!!!
David, that's a wonderful story, I know that willow will grow like anything, but I've never heard of Bay doing the same thing! Any chance of a photo?
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales