Old 25-06-2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected][_2_] hairyarms@aussiemail.com.au[_2_] is offline

Default Where are my strawberries?

On Jun 24, 11:19 pm, Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
wrote:
I have a dozen strawberry plants, eight that I planted last year and four
that I planted this year. The plants all look healthy but they haven't
produced a single berry. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

I'm in Massachusetts.

You said they are flowering. Do any small green/white fruit appear
after the flowers?

If no I will have to rethink but I am going to guess yes. In that
case something that likes strawberries is getting to them before you
do.

1) birds
2) ants or some other small pest
3) neighbours' kids

Watch carefully to determine which it is and take appropriate action.

David