Old 25-06-2007, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Actinidia cuttings advice .

"BoroBoy" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, I'm moving house shortly and want to take cuttings from my
Actinidia Kolmikta plant, I have tried and failed a couple of weeks
ago although I have been succesfull in the past with the same plant
and method. Are gel pots worth a look at? I have used perlite/
multicompost mix, cuttings have been taken below a leaf node of
healthy stock although not bagged. any advice welcome. Mike.
Peterborough.

Don't know that it helps you, but the best method for this plant is leaf bud
cuttings very early in the season from plants that are kept cut back and
housed under glass. But as with most plants that does not mean to say other
methods/timings won't work!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk