Old 25-06-2007, 05:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
timothy timothy is offline

Default Clover % in lawns

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:55:21 +0000, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Yesterday, I spent a few hours widening a flower bed that had shrunk due to
lawn encroachment and lack of time to keep up with it. The chunks I was
removing were about 50% clover. The soil underneath was the kind gardeners
dream of. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who complains about clover is....

...never mind. Too early for thinking about twits. :-)

Besides the nitrogen effects on the surrounding lawn, it is a great food
plant for bees, butterflies and others. If you like clover.... then you'll
love adding thyme to your lawn. Smell great while you mow.