Old 25-06-2007, 02:08 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected][_2_] hairyarms@aussiemail.com.au[_2_] is offline

Default Coriander in Sydney

On Jun 25, 9:39 am, Terryc wrote:
dvised that it is okay to plant it now to get some growth before it
bolts to see in warmer weather.

Yes or No?

TIA

Interesting that in an international NG we pin down location to a
single city assuming that is sufficient information. However there is
quite a difference in climate between the west and the coast.

I would give it a go you may well get some growth especially if you
are near the ocean and don't get very cold nights. If you care to go
to the trouble of starting the seeds indoors you would very likely
have success. Coriander is not frost sensitive but could be slow to
germinate if the soil is cold. At Manly I used to plant from April
til August and forget about it in the hot months.

David